Choose Wisely with SCHI Library
Choosing Wisely Australia® is an initiative to improve the quality of healthcare by identifying tests, treatments, and procedures where evidence shows they provide low benefit or, in some cases, can lead to harm.
The Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service (SCHHS) is proud to be a Choosing Wisely champion health service.
The library can assist you and your patients to Choose Wisely:
- Request a literature search – Do you have a question about a test, treatment or procedure? Click on this link to submit a request and our librarians will find relevant resources that support best practice.
- DynaMed – Provides a range of current evidence-based diagnostic & management options plus patient information leaflets. Dynamed also links to Choosing Wisely Quality Improvement recommendations from Australia's peak colleges.
- Nursing Reference Center Plus - Provides evidence-based clinical resources to nurses, plus patient handouts.
- Option Grid - Share decision-making with your patients by discussing options for their healthcare. (Onsite access only.)
- BrowZine – Access the latest issues of your favourite journals to maintain currency in your areas of interest.
- Request an article - Use our article request service to source articles to inform patient care.